MALTA UMC WORSHIP SERVICES AT 9:00 a.m. on Sundays
In-Person or on Zoom
Also on Facebook & Twitter
Vicke, Church Administrative Assistant
Mondays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays from 8-Noon.
Church Office Phone # is (815) 825-2118.
Church email: email@example.com
NEW “COVID” REGULATIONS for MALTA UMC as of May 19, 2021!
Do no harm, do good, stay in love with God.
That is how Bishop Ruben Job summed up the 3 general rules to guide our lives written by the founder of Methodism, John Wesley, more than 250 years ago. The first of those, in particular, has guided our church during this time of pandemic. There have been major outbreaks of Covid-19 at churches in the US, Canada, and likely elsewhere too. We have worked hard to make sure that did not happen at Malta United Methodist Church, and thank God we’ve succeeded so far. As the pandemic has improved here in the U.S. and in conjunction with the new guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control, we (our Covid-19 health team) want to announce an update to our Covid Policies at church.
- We continue to ask that people sanitize their hands when they arrive. But you need no longer sign in when you arrive.
- We need to maintain social distancing apart from those we don’t come to church with. So, no handshakes or hugs. Elbow bumps and such are totally okay 😊
- The following are the mask updates:
- Wear a mask when around children (those under 12 can’t be vaccinated yet).
- Wear a mask when in a group of people (such as when people are arriving and departing worship).
- (Key change here) If you are fully vaccinated, you can remove a mask during worship, or at another setting when you are not part of a large group and interacting with other fully vaccinated people. For instance, if you are sitting talking to someone else and you are both fully vaccinated you can remove a mask.
- Please respect any request you have to mask back up; we don’t know everyone’s health history and who might be at high risk and we need to make sure we help everyone feel safe and be safe!
- We will, starting in June, begin fellowship time after church. We will need to have people hand out food and drinks masked and wearing gloves (as you might see at a restaurant). But we can once more sit down for a treat with our church family.
- All these are subject to change if advised by the DeKalb County Health Department.
6. June 20th we are allowed to sing in church again!
If you have questions or concerns, please talk to Pastor Jeremiah, Tom Plote,
or Mary Lynn McArtor.
Wednesday nights: Prayer & Fellowship Meeting at 7:00 p.m. In-Person and on Zoom.
CONTACT PASTOR JEREMIAH AT (815) 592-3764 OR email him at
firstname.lastname@example.org to get Zoom information.
Sunday, August 1 10th Sunday after Pentecost with Communion & Fellowship
Monday, August 2 Church Council at 7:30 p.m. / Finance at 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 4 Prayer & Fellowship at 7:00 p.m. in-person or on Zoom
PASTOR GONE: Thursday, August 5 – Monday, August 9: Emergencies call:
Pastor Megan Thompson at (217) 418-8354 or email her: email@example.com
Sunday, August 8 11th Sunday after Pentecost with Fellowship
Guest Speaker: Marcia Hueber
Tuesday, August 10 Pastor Jeremiah back
Wednesday, August 11 Prayer & Fellowship 7:00 p.m. in-person or on Zoom
Thursday, August 12 NO 4H in July or August
Sunday, August 15 12th Sunday after Pentecost / Fellowship
Back to School Blessings Sunday
The DeKalb School district will be returning to classes on Wednesday, August 18. On the preceding Sunday, August 15th, we will be having a back-to-school blessing during our 9:00 AM worship service for students, and anyone employed by the schools. We will have a small gift for everyone, and a prayer asking for a safe and wonderful year of education and friendship. All students, teachers, and staff of all ages are invited to join us. So spread the word and join us for Back-To-School Blessing Sunday.
Monday, August 16 Worship Meeting 6:30 p.m. in-person
Wednesday, August 18 Prayer & Fellowship 7:00 p.m. in-person or on Zoom
Saturday, August 21 Coffee with Pastor Jeremiah from 8-10 a.m. at Martha’s EVERYONE INVITED!
Sunday, August 22 13th Sunday after Pentecost with Fellowship
Wednesday, August 25 Prayer & Fellowship 7:00 p.m. in-person or on Zoom
Thursday, August 26 Music in Lions Park from 6-8 p.m. / put on by the
Malta Seedling Committee
Sunday, August 29 14th Sunday after Pentecost with Fellowship
Cluster Youth Group
The churches of our Hub Cluster, including Chana, Rochelle, Reynolds, Steward, and our own Malta, will be collaborating on a Youth Group, and a series of “Adventures.”
Starting September 19, and then twice a month we will be meeting for an outing each month and then for bible study, discussions, and community.
All Youth sixth grade and up are invited to join us, as we all learn more about faith in Jesus Christ, and have a lot of fun doing it!
If you’d like more information talk to Pastor Jeremiah.
|6th Sunday of Easter with Communion
Cub Scout Mtg. 630 pm
|Bible Study 6 p.m.
Men’s Breakfast at
|Prayer Mtg 6:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. Martha’s
|5th Sunday after Easter