Rev. Jeremiah Thompson, Pastor
(815) 592-3764 OR email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone WELCOME to join us for in-service worship on
Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m. (Masks must be worn)
or on Zoom
AS OF JANUARY 24, 2021 Malta UMC WILL BE HAVING IN-SERVICE WORSHIP
at 9:00 a.m. (Must Wear Masks)
Following Covid Guidelines:
As of June 20, 2021 we can sing again in church together!
NEW “COVID” REGULATIONS for MALTA UMC
as of May 19, 2021 / FELLOWSHIP resumes Sunday, June 6th after Worship Service with Covid Restrictions
Do no harm, do good, stay in love with God.
That is how Bishop Ruben Job summed up the 3 general rules to guide our lives written by the founder of Methodism, John Wesley, more than 250 years ago. The first of those, in particular, has guided our church during this time of pandemic. There have been major outbreaks of Covid-19 at churches in the US, Canada, and likely elsewhere too. We have worked hard to make sure that did not happen at Malta United Methodist Church, and thank God we’ve succeeded so far. As the pandemic has improved here in the U.S. and in conjunction with the new guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control, we (our Covid-19 health team) want to announce an update to our Covid Policies at church.
- We continue to ask that people sanitize their hands and to sign in when you arrive.
- We need to maintain social distancing apart from those we don’t come to church with. So, no handshakes or hugs. Elbow bumps and such are totally okay 😊
- The following are the mask updates:
- Starting August 1, 2021 Must wear a mask in church and during worship service.
- Please respect any request you have to mask back up; we don’t know everyone’s health history and who might be at high risk and we need to make sure we help everyone feel safe and be safe!
- Starting in June, we begin having fellowship time after church. We will need to have people hand out food and drinks masked and wearing gloves (as you might see at a restaurant). But we can once more sit down for a treat with our church family.
- All these are subject to change if advised by the DeKalb County Health Department.
If you have questions or concerns, please talk to Pastor Jeremiah, Tom Plote,
or Mary Lynn McArtor.
6ft Social Distancing
WORSHIP WILL also be on Zoom, Facebook and YouTube.
WEDNESDAYS – PRAYER MEETING & FELLOWSHIP
IN-PERSON (Must wear a mask) OR ON ZOOM AT 6:30 P.M.
CHOIR PRACTICE at 7:00 p.m. NO PRAYER & FELLOWSHIP ON WED. NOVEMBER 24.
2nd THURSDAY of each month – 4H at 6:30 p.m.
in church basement (NO 4H in JULY & AUGUST)
4th THURSDAY of each month – TODAY’S SISTERS
Today’s Sisters meeting at Malta UMC at 9:00 a.m. for now!
Thursday, November 18th Today’s Sisters meeting at Malta UMC at 9:00 a.m. – The 4th Thursday is Thanksgiving.
(Must wear masks)
HUB Cluster Youth Group
All youth 6th through 12th grade are invited to join us for our new “Hub Cluster” Youth group. The Hub Cluster is made up of the United Methodist Churches in and around Rochelle, and all our congregations are cooperating to provide some youth ministry opportunities for our young people. The gathering will be at Reynolds United Methodist Church, 2496 Reynolds Rd, Ashton, IL 61006, Join us! If you want to attend or need more information please contact Pastor Jeremiah at 815-592-3764.
Sunday, November 21 – COMMUNITY THANKSGIVING SERVICE AT 4:00 p.m. at Calvary Lutheran Church in Lee, IL .
Wednesday, November 24 – NO PRAYER & FELLOWSHIP
Sunday, November 28 – ANGEL TREE at Malta UMC
Please take an Angel off the tree and make someone’s Christmas
special this year.
Sunday, November 28 – HANGING OF THE GREENS – After church on November 28th we will be putting up Christmas with pizza following.
Sunday, November 28 – YOUTH CLUSTER – Youth getting together from 4-6 p.m. at Rochelle UMC
Sunday, December 5 – HUB CLUSTER CHRISTMAS SERVICE at 2 p.m. in Rochelle
Saturday, December 11 – Malta UMC “COOKIE WALK“
9-11 A.M. $7.50/pound
Friday, December 24 – CHRISTMAS EVE WORSHIP at 4:00 p.m. at Malta UMC
Christmas Day is on Saturday, December 25th – MERRY CHRISTMAS
Sunday, December 26 – Hymn Sing Sunday
Sunday, January 9 – taking down Christmas decorations after church with pizza.